|Gabriel García Márquez
|出世||Gabriel José de la Concordia García Márquez
- "The Journal of the Plague Year by Daniel Defoe"
- " At the university in Bogotá, I started making new friends and acquaintances, who introduced me to contemporary writers. One night a friend lent me a book of short stories by Franz Kafka. I went back to the pension where I was staying and began to read The Metamorphosis. The first line almost knocked me off the bed."
- "I had never read Joyce, so I started reading Ulysses. I read it in the only Spanish edition available. Since then, after having read Ulysses in English as well as a very good French translation, I can see that the original Spanish translation was very bad. But I did learn something that was to be very useful to me in my future writing—the technique of the interior monologue. I later found this in Virginia Woolf, and I like the way she uses it better than Joyce."
- "I’m not sure whether I had already read Faulkner or not, but I know now that only a technique like Faulkner’s could have enabled me to write down what I was seeing. The atmosphere, the decadence, the heat in the village were roughly the same as what I had felt in Faulkner. It was a banana-plantation region inhabited by a lot of Americans from the fruit companies which gave it the same sort of atmosphere I had found in the writers of the Deep South. Critics have spoken of the literary influence of Faulkner, but I see it as a coincidence: I had simply found material that had to be dealt with in the same way that Faulkner had treated similar material."
- " My influence had been Faulkner; now it was Hemingway."
- Gabriel García Márquez Turns 80. BBC News. 2007年3月6號. 喺2008年3月30號搵到;.
- 諾貝爾文學獎得主 馬奎斯辭世. 中央社. 2014年4月17號. 喺2014年4月18號搵到;.