Jump to navigation Jump to search
- It is a false statement to say noone uses Cantonese to learn. Teachers has been teaching many concepts in class in Cantonese for years.
- Thanks for the opinion. 用粵語寫嘢保留粵語嘅神髓。
- It is very interesting that knowledge is depending on the language itself. What is defined in standard Chinese automatically marginalizes or even excludes the Cantonese depending knowledge. "Standard Chinese" has been developed based on the Beijing dialect. Many concepts were taken from that dialect without any modification. As a result, particular concepts in Cantonese were replaced with similar Beijingese concepts, yet their historality is different from the beginning. The richness of the "dialect" was reduced. More importantly, some words or concepts in the "dialect" are deemed too vulgar to express anything in written form and to leave it in the spoken form. That is, a form of censorship.
- Maybe, we can find a way to accommodate all the differences in the article. However, it is my personal opinion that the trouble is too much for many to bother given the complicated condition of simplified and tradtional forms. It is much simplier to start a Cantonese wiki.
Wikipedia is about freedom, not about unity.
- I like this quote very much. It was a reply to an accusation that the Cantonese Wiki took resources away from Chinese Wiki.