- 愛爾蘭梳打包（Irish brown bread）係隻梳打包，用全麥麵粉整成。
- 鮑羅丁斯基包（Borodinsky bread），係源於俄羅斯嚟嘅甜酸種黑麥包。
- 波士頓啡包（Boston brown bread）係一種深色有少少甜嘅蒸麵包，加黑糖蜜令佢甜。
- John Saunders, 編 (1848). The People's journal. IV. London: The People's Journal Office. p. 200. 喺April 15, 2011搵到.
I passed along and beheld a dense mass of wretched starving people,---men, women, and children, gathered in front of a shed, from which rations of brown bread and stirabout were served out to the poor.
- Percy A. Amos (1912). Processes of flour manufacture. New York, Bombay, and Calcutta: Longman, Green, and Co. p. 14. 喺April 12, 2011搵到.
By allowing the germ and all but the outer, coarser layers of broad bran to mix in with the flour, we get the sweet-tasting brown meal producing the brown bread so much in favour amongst sections of the community.
- Edward Smith (1865). Practical dietary for families, schools, and the laboring classes. London: Walton and Maberly. p. 36. 喺April 15, 2011搵到.