- ICTV: International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses – searchable virus taxonomy, updated versions in 2007 and 2008. Explanations of the virus species concept and viral taxonomy.
- David Sander: All the Virology on the WWW – collection of links, pictures, lecture notes. Many of the links on this site are broken and it does not appear to be being maintained.
- Online lectures in virology University of South Carolina
- Microbes.info is a microbiology information portal containing a vast collection of resources including articles, news, frequently asked questions, and links pertaining to the field of microbiology.
- MicrobiologyBytes: Origins of Virology
- MicrobiologyBytes: The Virology Time Machine
- Timeline of the history of virology, from the Washington University in St. Louis.
- Wong's Virology.
- Vaccine Research Center (VRC) – Information concerning vaccine research studies
- This Week in Virology Podcast by Vincent Racaniello 
- Virulogy, Ton E. van den Bogaard University Maastricht, the Netherlands,