|改 • 論 • 史 • 睇|
2016 WMF Strategy consultation[編輯]
- Please help translate to your language
The Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) has launched a consultation to help create and prioritize WMF strategy beginning July 2016 and for the 12 to 24 months thereafter. This consultation will be open, on Meta, from 18 January to 26 February, after which the Foundation will also use these ideas to help inform its Annual Plan. (More on our timeline can be found on that Meta page.)
Your input is welcome (and greatly desired) at the Meta discussion, 2016 Strategy/Community consultation.
Apologies for English, where this is posted on a non-English project. We thought it was more important to get the consultation translated as much as possible, and good headway has been made there in some languages. There is still much to do, however! We created m:2016 Strategy/Translations to try to help coordinate what needs translation and what progress is being made. :)
If you have questions, please reach out to me on my talk page or on the strategy consultation's talk page or by email to email@example.com.
The visual editor is coming to this wiki[編輯]
Hello. Please excuse the English. Please help translate to your language. 多謝！
My name is Erica, and I am a Community Liaison at the Wikimedia Foundation. I'm here to let you know that the visual editor is coming to editors at this Wikipedia soon. It allows people to edit Wikipedia articles as if they were using word processing software.
You don't have to wait until the deployment to test it; you can test the visual editor right now. To turn it on, select "測試功能" in your preferences. Choose "VisualEditor" and click save. When it is enabled, you will press the "改" button to edit an article in the new software. To use the wikitext editor, you can press "改源碼".
After the deployment, everyone will automatically have the option to use either the visual editor or the current wikitext editor. For more information about how to use the visual editor, see mw:Help:VisualEditor/User guide.
More information about preparing for the visual editor is posted here.
- It's easier to add templates if you've added TemplateData information.
- Please help translate the user interface and pages about the visual editor. See the visual editor's TranslationCentral for general information. To translate the user guide, go to the MediaWiki.org page, and select "Translate this page". Your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've done this, you'll see the document in English, side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or change old translations. To translate the user interface, you need to create an account at translatewiki.net. Contact me personally if you need help with that.
- Please let us know if you find any problems. You can report issues in Phabricator, the new bug tracking system or on the central feedback page on MediaWiki.org. If you notice major issues affecting your project, please leave a note on my talk page.
Oh, hell no. Now is definitely not the time to implement visual editor here, since that would only make vandalism easier while smaller wikis like us are especially vulnerable to vandalism! 【粵語文學大使殘陽孤侠】支持全面中止IP用戶編輯權 2016年2月6號 (六) 00:15 (UTC)
- Hello, 粵語. Thank you for voicing your concerns. You may be interested in learning that related research recently proved that the visual editor causes no additional burden on the community (actually, there's less of it). Best, --Elitre (WMF) (傾偈) 2016年2月6號 (六) 09:58 (UTC)
- 殘陽孤侠: 如果有人惡意塗鴉，無論有冇即見編輯，佢都係求其撳「改」，求其亂打啲嘢，然後求其撳「儲存」，同而家冇分別。即見編輯可以幫新人快啲學識改維基百科，對大家都有好處。翹仔 2016年2月7號 (日) 22:35 (UTC)
Reminder: the visual editor is coming to this wiki soon[編輯]
Hello again. Please excuse the English. Please help translate to your language. 多謝！
This is a reminder that the visual editor is coming to all editors at this Wikipedia soon. As of this writing, the team is not aware of any issues specific to this language that should prevent the new software to be deployed here; therefore, please do let us know if you find any problems instead. You can report issues in Phabricator, the new bug tracking system or on the central feedback page on MediaWiki.org. There is a short guide at mediawiki.org that you can follow (as if it was a "checklist") to learn about the community work necessary to adapt the visual editor, and its referencing system in particular, to your community's needs.
If you can translate from English into this wiki's language, or know anyone who can, please follow the links below; just a little effort is required to make this language progress toward translations' completion! You'll help your community get the best possible experience when it comes to interface messages and documentation related to the visual editor. After you click on any links, your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've selected it, you'll see the document in English side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or modify existing ones. The interface is hosted at https://translatewiki.net; you'll need an account if you never translated there before. The other pages are at Mediawiki.org, for which you can use your regular Wikipedia account. You're welcome to contact me personally whenever you need help.
- If there are still concerns about this, now it's the time to let us know. --Elitre (WMF) (傾偈) 2016年2月26號 (五) 16:39 (UTC)
- Can't MediaWiki just slow down a bit and at least let the active contributors get a good bearing of the visual editors first? 【粵語文學大使殘陽孤侠】支持全面中止IP用戶編輯權 2016年2月26號 (五) 22:17 (UTC)
- That's exactly why we started communicating about this change months ago, after the visual editor has been a beta feature on wikis for years. How much time do you think would be required here? To everyone else, do you share Cedric_tsan_cantonais' concern? To be clear, every contributor, including IPs, will still be able to choose which editor to use and to switch to the other one quickly and easily when they want. Thanks, --Elitre (WMF) (傾偈) 2016年4月20號 (三) 11:08 (UTC)
Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants[編輯]
Please help translate to your language:
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Submit a grant request or draft your proposal in IdeaLab
- Get help with your proposal in an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants
With thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 2016年3月31號 (四) 15:47 (UTC)
- @Cedric tsan cantonais:貌似通過模組實現的。睇zh:湖南省长沙市长沙县行政区划是怎麼行的。--SolidBlock (傾偈) 2016年4月23號 (六) 11:25 (UTC)
維基媒體基金會即將測試位於達拉斯嘅最新數據中心。 噉就會確保維基百科同其他維基媒體維基項目發生意外之後仍然可以保持在線。 為咗確保一切正常運作，維基媒體技術部門計劃進行測試，保證系統能夠可靠噉喺兩個數據中心之間切換。測試需要好多個團隊做好準備，隨時可以修復任何突發嘅問題。
- 你唔可以響4月19號（星期二）同4月21號（星期四）都會有15至30分鐘唔可以編輯，響14:00 UTC (22:00 HKT/CST/TST) 開始。
- 嗰陣時如果你嘗試編輯文章或者保存更改，你就會睇到一個錯誤信息。 我哋希望過程中唔會有編輯丟失，但係我哋保證唔到呢點。 如果你見到錯誤訊息，噉就請等到一切恢復正常， 然後你就應該可以保存你嘅編輯。 之但係，我哋建議你複製你嘅改動，以防萬一。
- 後台背景作業會變慢，有啲可能會被丟棄。 紅色連結可能更新得無平時咁快。 如果您開咗一版已經喺第度有連結嘅文章，個連結變色要耐過平時。 有啲長時間運行嘅腳本將不得不停止。
- 4月18號嗰個星期會有代碼凍結。 無非必要嘅代碼部署會發生。
Wikipedia to the Moon[編輯]
Hello! Sorry that this is in English only, but we are using village pump messaging in order to reach as many language communities as possible. Wrong page? Please fix it here.
This is an invitation to all Wikipedians: Wikimedia Deutschland has been given data space to include Wikipedia content in an upcoming mission to the Moon. (No joke!) We have launched a community discussion about how to do that, because we feel that this is for the global community of editors. Please, join the discussion on Meta-Wiki (and translate this invitation to your language community)! Best, Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland 2016年4月21號 (四) 15:35 (UTC)