ESEA Newsletter January 2016
- 4,310 articles in 41 language versions of Wikipedia contributed during the Wikipedia Asian Month 2015.
- 40 Wikimedians celebrated 15th anniversary of Wikipedia in Hong Kong.
- 100 books are digitalized and uploaded to Wikimedia Projects in collaboration between Wikimedia Indonesia and Museum Tamansiswa Dewantara Kirti Griya.
- 46 entries of are contributed to Chinese WIkipedia by Wikimedia Taiwan project partnered with National Chiao Tung University.
- Wikimedia Philippines announces its new project: the Encyclopedia of Philippine Heritage (EPH), as the second phase of Cultural Heritage Mapping Project, which contributed 800 articles in past two years.
我提刪あｂづさめｔ Ｙいぎｔ，喺篇文掛Template:afd後，佢引導我開版Wikipedia:刪文/あｂづさめｔ Ｙいぎｔ，呢隻係英文維基式做法。但如果我去Wikipedia:刪文討論/記錄去「新請求」，佢引導我開版Wikipedia:刪文討論/記錄/2016/01/16，呢隻係中文維基式做法。最後我憑印象記得大家習慣用後者，最後將提刪放落後者。唔該大家研究一下點樣理順粵文版提刪機制。粵文版提刪唔算多，唔需要搞到中文版或英文版咁複雜。--Jason6698 (傾偈) 2016年1月17號 (日) 01:53 (UTC)
2016 WMF Strategy consultation
- Please help translate to your language
The Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) has launched a consultation to help create and prioritize WMF strategy beginning July 2016 and for the 12 to 24 months thereafter. This consultation will be open, on Meta, from 18 January to 26 February, after which the Foundation will also use these ideas to help inform its Annual Plan. (More on our timeline can be found on that Meta page.)
Your input is welcome (and greatly desired) at the Meta discussion, 2016 Strategy/Community consultation.
Apologies for English, where this is posted on a non-English project. We thought it was more important to get the consultation translated as much as possible, and good headway has been made there in some languages. There is still much to do, however! We created m:2016 Strategy/Translations to try to help coordinate what needs translation and what progress is being made. :)
If you have questions, please reach out to me on my talk page or on the strategy consultation's talk page or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The visual editor is coming to this wiki
Hello. Please excuse the English. Please help translate to your language. 多謝！
My name is Erica, and I am a Community Liaison at the Wikimedia Foundation. I'm here to let you know that the visual editor is coming to editors at this Wikipedia soon. It allows people to edit Wikipedia articles as if they were using word processing software.
You don't have to wait until the deployment to test it; you can test the visual editor right now. To turn it on, select "測試功能" in your preferences. Choose "VisualEditor" and click save. When it is enabled, you will press the "改" button to edit an article in the new software. To use the wikitext editor, you can press "改源碼".
After the deployment, everyone will automatically have the option to use either the visual editor or the current wikitext editor. For more information about how to use the visual editor, see mw:Help:VisualEditor/User guide.
More information about preparing for the visual editor is posted here.
- It's easier to add templates if you've added TemplateData information.
- Please help translate the user interface and pages about the visual editor. See the visual editor's TranslationCentral for general information. To translate the user guide, go to the MediaWiki.org page, and select "Translate this page". Your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've done this, you'll see the document in English, side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or change old translations. To translate the user interface, you need to create an account at translatewiki.net. Contact me personally if you need help with that.
- Please let us know if you find any problems. You can report issues in Phabricator, the new bug tracking system or on the central feedback page on MediaWiki.org. If you notice major issues affecting your project, please leave a note on my talk page.
Oh, hell no. Now is definitely not the time to implement visual editor here, since that would only make vandalism easier while smaller wikis like us are especially vulnerable to vandalism! 【粵語文學大使殘陽孤侠】支持全面中止IP用戶編輯權 2016年2月6號 (六) 00:15 (UTC)
- Hello, 粵語. Thank you for voicing your concerns. You may be interested in learning that related research recently proved that the visual editor causes no additional burden on the community (actually, there's less of it). Best, --Elitre (WMF) (傾偈) 2016年2月6號 (六) 09:58 (UTC)
- 殘陽孤侠: 如果有人惡意塗鴉，無論有冇即見編輯，佢都係求其撳「改」，求其亂打啲嘢，然後求其撳「儲存」，同而家冇分別。即見編輯可以幫新人快啲學識改維基百科，對大家都有好處。翹仔 2016年2月7號 (日) 22:35 (UTC)
Wikimania 2016 Scholarships - Deadline soon!
- Please help translate to your language
A reminder - applications for scholarships for Wikimania 2016 in Esino Lario, Italy, are closing soon! Please get your applications in by January 9th. To apply, visit the page below:
Cantonese is missing
Cantonese is missing from this page:
Thank you, Varlaam (傾偈) 2016年1月21號 (四) 16:27 (UTC)